Thursday, July 21, 2016

How can I budget & save money on my energy bills?



A few quick energy budgeting/saving tips/links

If you're like me you try to save money in way you can...unless at the mall :0)  Here are a few tips that could save you money on energy bills...

A great resource is http://www.energychoice.ohio.gov/.  On this site you get to compare suppliers in your area and "shop" around for the best rates.  I absolutely love this site. I get on there about every 6 months or so and shop for the best rates.  I have never taken an offer that charges a setup or cancellation fee...mostly because I like having the advantage of changing providers anytime I like and I am cheap :0)  Just make sure if you do take a lower rate with one of these fees it benefits you in the long run. 

There are also groups that will evaluate the electric use in your home and in some cases you can qualify for an energy saving appliance replacement or upgrade free of charge. Our local Montgomery Co. coordinator is: 
Service Area: Darke, Greene, Montgomery, Preble, Warren Counties
Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area
719 South Main Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402-2709
(866) 504-7379

Of course you should always use LED or CFL lights... not only do you save an average of 75% of the energy used with incandescent bulbs but you'll also avoid removing the annoying light covers on the hallway light for another 5-6 years.

In addition you should always check your local provider's website for promotions and energy tips.  They often offer rebates, tax credits and other incentives for energy saving home improvements.

April Hauser
Irongate Inc. Realtors
Ryan Gillen Team
937-305-5370  



No comments:

Post a Comment